1. Home Church Contact - All communication from the Applicant to Legacy Place / Legacy Centre / Home Church shall be directed to the Facility Bookings Coordinator at
2. Usage of Home Church Facilities - By renting the Facility to the Applicant, Home Church in no way relinquishes its right to control the management of the Facility and to enforce all necessary rules and regulations as may be required. Home Church may use other components of the facility during the event that do not materially interfere with the usage by the Applicant.
3. Prohibited Activities in the Facility - The Facility has been designated as a non-smoking and alcohol-free building. Home Church may, from time to time, restrict food and beverages in certain areas of the Facility. Home Church is an evangelical church. Home Church will not rent the Facility to any group whose constitution or intended usage of the Facility contravenes the Statement of Faith of Home Church (available on the web site) as interpreted by the Board and Leadership of Home Church. In the case that the event, or any component thereof, is determined by Home Church to contravene the Statement of Faith, Home Church shall terminate the booking and return payment/deposit in full to the Applicant without any further liability to either party.
4. Compliance with Regulations - The Applicant agrees to comply with all building and fire regulations for the event and to comply with any facility rules adopted by Home Church for the Facility. Attendance according to the safe occupancy limit of each space will be strictly enforced. In case of emergency, the renter is responsible for the safe evacuation of their attendees, following exit instructions as posted. In the event of injury or illness, the Applicant authorizes Home Church personnel, staff or designates to seek and obtain such emergency or medical services for people as may be deemed necessary at the time.
5. Waiver of Liability - By executing this document, the Applicant is covenanting that it will not hold Home Church, its board or its employees responsible for any medical or personal injury, or any other loss or damage and hereby waives any claim against Home Church. The Applicant acknowledges that it is their responsibility to take the necessary steps for insuring against personal injury, loss, property damage, or any other loss of damage that might be incurred by us or the people at the Facility during theevent.
6. Applicants Insurance - The Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Home Church, its officers, agent and employees, of and from all demands, claims, suits, actions or liabilities resulting from injuries or death to any person or from any property damage occurring during the event. Home Church will maintain all risk insurance with respect to its equipment and property as well as comprehensive general liability insurance for bodily injury and property damage arising out of the Home Church's use, occupation or operation of the premises.
The Applicant shall place the following insurance on any rentals of more than $500 and provide Home Church a Certificate of Insurance confirming such placement.
- a) Comprehensive general liability insurance, insuring against claims for bodily injury, including death and property damage or loss arising out of the Applicant's use or occupation of the premises. Such insurance shall be for the amount of not less than $2,000,000.00 single occurrence and $4,000,000.00 in aggregate;
- b) Tenant's legal liability insurance in an amount not less than $2,000,000.00.
8. Publicity - Renter’s publicity must not intentionally or unintentionally imply that the event is sponsored by Home Church. Renter’s publicity must clearly indicate the identity of the sponsoring organization.
9. Method of Payment - All payments to be made under this agreement may be made via cash, MasterCard, Visa, debit, e-transfer ( ), or cheque made payable to Home Church and mailed to the Home Church office or delivered by hand.
10. Timing of Payment - Weddings and Events: 50% of total cost of Facility rental and additions must be received by Facility Bookings to confirm booking of the event. The remainder of all fees are due 1 week prior to the event.
11. Security Deposit and Responsibility for Damages - The Applicant is responsible for all damage to the Facility and any equipment utilized occurring as a result of the Applicant's use (reasonable use excepted). Upon booking, the Applicant shall provide a credit card number to be held in the event any damage occurs. An inspection will be done by Home Church after the event. If damage occurs, an estimate of costs for repair will be determined, the Applicant will be contacted, and the credit card will be charged in the amount of the cost estimate.
12. Cancellation - Home Church will refund payment in full for any event cancelled with more than 72 hours advance notice given to Home Church. In the event that 72 hours advance notice of cancellation is not provided, Home Church may charge a fee of up to 1/3 of the total event fee. As well, if Food Services have been confirmed as part of the booking prior to cancellation, we require payment of costs accrued for food ordered if it is greater than the 1/3 of the total event fee.
13. Operation of Sound and Visual Media Equipment - Only Home Church trained Audio Technicians shall be allowed to operate the sound systems in the Auditoriums, or rooms. Only Home Church trained Visual Technicians shall be allowed to set up and take down the media equipment. Applicants who are using and operating media equipment shall comply in all respects with the operational guidelines provided by Home Church. Every booking includes a minimum amount of TECH time to fulfill the needs of the contract. Any TECH time over the minimum amount will be charged at a rate of $50 per man hour with the final invoice.
14. Decorations - All decorating to be completed for the event shall be the sole responsibility of the Applicant. No decoration shall be fastened to the wall of the Facility or otherwise affixed in such a manner that will damage the Facility. Take down and clean-up of decorations is also the responsibility of the Applicant unless otherwise arranged with Facility Bookings. Home Church has limited linens available for rent.
15. Cleaning – every booking includes a janitorial minimum time amount. Any excess cleaning time will be charged to the renter @ a rate of $35 per man hour with the final invoice.